Sunday, March 02, 2008

Sometimes Love is not enough.

It's very frustrating when you have to deal with someone who insists the longest way is best. Not for any scenic value but instead because the journey is made more tortuous and difficult giving scope for extra drama and annoyance. For some people (God alone knows why) this is an attractive prospect as it gives options to rhetorically go why oh why oh why is everything so difficult. They also tend not to enjoy a reminder that "but you wanted to do it this way" which springs to the lips. Instead you get blamed for pointing out a simpler solution as you watch your life slip away. So I have decided to, instead, try to do something else. It's fun actually as you feel the annoyance that you're not waiting around looking bored and you're not giving any scope for complaint. I am waiting for a "help me" at this moment. Or maybe a "pay attention, couldn't you be doing something." I've just had a distracting conversation about nothing thrown at me. I smile and agree and go back to the writing undeterred. It's like I'm free and am not being dragged into the veltshmelt of conversation.

I win?

No comments: