Thursday, August 21, 2008

Dramarama

I have wondered if my partner could find some soothing past-time to do. Soothing for me too that is. I’ve come to the conclusion that the answer is probably no. Which is a shame.

Here is my event path for a generic soothing activity.

Painting flowers.

If he painted flowers things would be fine for about 2 minutes – just enough time to get inconveniently far away and yet close enough to hear.

I'd get "Is this the right colour?"
“Can you find me some nicer flowers?”
“Can you hold the easel? It seems wobbly when I paint!”
"Can you get me some fresh water?"

After going to get the water and being stopped a couple of times rather than asked all things at the same time I would return to see the easel on fire, the paint was up the wall, he’d managed to swallow the only toxic flower in the bunch and he'd gouged out an eye with the paintbrush!

Not that of course I'd consider it done on purpose but it would add drama what should be a relaxing situation.

It’s bad because I’m starting to do things for him to prevent the coming disaster.

I suppose I should just let him get on with it and then act like it’s a catastrophic disaster and make him go and stay with his mother until ‘my shattered life can be rebuilt’ ,!

I mean that would meet the required level of melodrama? Eh?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about your hubby does what the rest of us in the world out here do and just get on with it. What if thats an option!!

The Goddess Pandemonia said...

Is it an option? Wouldn't that be too dull?

Isn't activity, even if it's panic, exciting?

Is this question rhetorical?

Am I tired?

Anonymous said...

Im sure you are, I would be!!